Yup, That's G.I. Joe Alright

Yup, That's G.I. Joe Alright
    I maintain that Stephen Sommers' original "G.I. Joe" movie was overall pretty good, mostly because it managed to nail the proper 'tone' for a movie based on a children's cartoon based on a line of scifi-inflected army toys; but I'll be the first to admit that it might've been better if they hadn't tried to "streamline" to gonzo-eclecticism of the source material's design aesthetics - if G.I. Joe and Cobra's nonexistant dress-codes really bother you, you're probably watching the wrong movie to begin with.

    As such, the fact that the John Chu-directed sequel thus far looks like the same basic "fuck you, reality!" tone re-skinned with a megaton of ripped-from-the-toybox fanservice continues to inspire a surprising level of confidence. Check out the film's Super Bowl ad below - featuring a much better look at Cobra Commander's "classic" mirrored-helmet, Ray Stevenson as Firefly, a Rattler jet(!) and Ninjas in a shurikens vs. minigun shootout:

    Post a Comment